• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anyone familiar with P4-Steppings ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walkingnoise

Registered
Hello guys,

last week i bought a P4, 2533 MHz. It's SL6EV, i exspected it is C1, but now i know, it a B0 , Philips, week 36.

I`ve been looking around the web for more infos and found some pics for identifiyng the Steppings by taking a look to the bottom of the chips.

They say, old B0 (nonshrink) got 25 silver contacts, with 15 transistors soldered on. The newer B0 should have same, only gold contacts, also 15 transistors.

Mine seems different, it has only 16 contacts, golden, soldered with 15 eightpins transistors.

Is that the very last B0, what means this to me, is it more overclockability or less, please help me....

thx n'greetz

transistors = you called em caps, eh ?

Last edited:
Thank you, i've seen that, but they are mainly interested in C1 -StepDifferents, i think, theres enought post in his box...

greetz

Hello, I just bought an SL6EV 2.53GHz from a computer show last weekend(check sig).

The SL6EV is an optical shrunk B0(last stepping before the C1) and should only have 15 capacitors on the bottom, while the C1's have 12. Mine is exactly how you described, a 4x4 square with a single capacitor left out. The reason you don't see 25 contacts is because they changed the contact grid from a 5x5 to a 4x4.

How is your chip doing?

hello,

it booting wit 160, no increasing of vcore, bios shows me a 1, 45 vcore....

I ve got some self produced Raid-problems to work with, so i cant say more yet...

I will posted some results if i get em...

But i think its a good piece of silicon :cool:

greetz

Welcome to the forums :D
walkingnoise said:
But i think its a good piece of silicon

That's a big understatement!! I need at least 1.75 volts to get 160 fsb, so that's a really good overclock for 1.45volts:clap: How are you cooling the cpu and what else is in your system?

hello again,

so last night i stuck up......the problem was that ive tried to install the be7 board under Win98, cos i got no 98se, only update....

i involve my brain i alot of ****, hehe...

After long nightsearching the net i found reason for messing up with that damned ndis-failure...and now im stting up 98 SE...in very normal speed (isn't it a kind a masochism..?)

Writing this, im just finifh with the Basics so i can install SS2001 and 3Mark2000.....

the System is BE7Raid + 2x IBM GPX180/60GB, P4 2,53 , 256MB Corsair3200 (nomomoney;) ) and a Asus8420dlx, toshiba sd-M 1712 dvd, TSP420 ATX, and a RED Chieftek 601....

Ilapped the Box heatsink and go for the Heatspreader too, maybe i've make agood job, let's take a look.....

first Impressions in ca. 2 hours, 11:00, Greenwich +1....:D

whats about your system ?

greetz

Back