• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my 8500le found something out too!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

ok when i got it and took it home i was so excited of opening the box then i found out that i saw it didnt have the dvi port of cousre i bought one with out it but then i saw the pin lay out on the video card its not solder u can see though it and i was thinking of going to buy a famle dvi thingy and solder it in what do u guys think?

Umm... I'll say it before some else does. Can you add some puncutation because I got lost around the part about the pin laying out?

-PC

ok what i meand is on the pcb of the video card is that they have pin holes and u can get a dvi port and stuck it in and solder it together i was thinking of doing that and was asking u guys if its stupid idea or its good and if it will work or now:sn:

1-Man-Army said:
ok when i got it and took it home i was so excited of opening the box then i found out that i saw it didnt have the dvi port of cousre i bought one with out it but then i saw the pin lay out on the video card its not solder u can see though it and i was thinking of going to buy a famle dvi thingy and solder it in what do u guys think?

odds are no it wouldnt work, if ya look again u'll probably see that there are alos spots for IC's, Cap's, Resitors, and more... ya need some of them too to make ur DVI out work, so . . . . no

ive got an 8500le and its got dvi port on it, and it also has a rage theatre chip on it, i think that that chip controls the dvout but i could b wrong.
and pip
even if you had the dvi and that standard 15pin vga out, you cant run the 8500 with monitors on both, only 1 or the other and yv out. but you could get a splitter and do it that way. :)

Back