• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sub Zero Newbie..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willlangford

Hey,
I was going to do water cooling on my next rig. And I was talking to my dad about the Vapochill, and he was like if you want ill buy you that. What I want to know is how good are they really? And are there some other ones like it but better? I am also going to do a water cooled rig and another one with a pelt, but down the road.

Thanks,

~Will

It generally brings it way below freezing. Prometia is a better idea :). It gets cooler. Buy me one, while you are at it.

Below freezing if your not overclocking yes.Prometeia is by far the best way to go if your buying a premade system.

If your pop is willing to shell out for one- definetly go with prometia. Prometias let you use your own case and get much better temps. A prometia or vapochill would be much better than just about anything else (except a homebuilt version)

prometias can achieve the best commercial made results, vapochills are a relatively close second. i searched for prometia on google before and found the website, i dont have the address off hand for you though, sorry. if you can find the site, then they explain how the system works i believe. there have been a lot of threads on the forums you can search for also to see the experiences people have had with them. as far as how they compare to other cooling methods, the only better 24/7/365 option would be home built phase change which requires more knowledge and tools to setup. good luck. :)

http://www.chip-con.com

Yeah DIY is much better.

willangford:
The prometeias don't use wimpy little 12v compressor, they use a better 110v compressor.That is the main edge.Might also be evaporator design, but I haven't seen the prometeia or vapochills evap designs.

Back