• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Emergency!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GotNoRice

Emergency!

My brother is bringing one of his friends along with him to the Lantrocity Lanparty tomorrow in SF. Thing is, the computer sucks… big time… to the point I’m not even sure if he will be able to play any of the games at the lanparty tomorrow.

The computer is a ~600mhz P3 with 128megs of Ram, an 810e motherboard and he is using the integrated video on the motherboard.

I am fully willing to cannibalize anything out of my non-main computer in order to get this guys computer working for tomorrow, but alas, the lack of a AGP slot limits my options as to what Vid card I could slap in there.

About the best I could do would be to put a pair of voodoo2’s in SLI in there… which since he is running Win98 might just be possible, I could also slap in an extra 256meg stick of ram also… I would just hate to leave this guy hanging after helping my brother convince him to come telling him he would have a good time, etc…

Goal is to get his box playable in bf1942…. I don’t know if the voodoo2’s will even be enough…

i played bf1942 (demo) on an 800 t-bird with 128mb ddr, and an original Radeon with 32mb ddr ram. had to do it at 800x600 and most of the detail levels at low, but it ran smooth.. good luck, and he WILL have fun, its a lan party! :D

i have a p3 500mhz 192mb ram amd a ati rage 128, i can play meadal of honor allied assult just fine, haven't tried battlefiled yet

let him use one of my spare boxes that is a p3 933 with 512pc133 and a radeon7200, runs great. thanks anyway for all the help.

Back