• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec/Antec modding ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Army_Of_1

My case:
my_case.jpg

I searched the forums and found some modded cases but wanted to see what you guys thought I should do. Right now I have the following ideas:
1. Paint the interior... Red? What do you think?
2. Neaten the cables!!!!! Don't worry!
3. Paint the front bezel
4. 92MM Blowhole... I don't need it too much but I think I want to do it :)

What else? Any thoughts? I don't want to cut into the plexi of the window really.

*edit* 300th post :)

Last edited:
I have the 2 Hard Drive bays painted as you can see, I need to add a couple more coats to get the true "midnight blue" look. Painting the interior like lime green might look sweet, and I havn't seen that color on any....

Definetly make the cables neat. You can use twist ties or something for that. Get a cold cathode, that would make it look amazing.

I have 2 UV CC's and am in the process of painting my clear fans with spraypaint from ClearNeon! I can't wait!!! You can sort of see the green fan above the handle, just barely though.

check out www.virtualhideout.com under the guides section, they have a cool mod where they addedusb ports to the front/side of the case!!

I have the same case and Im currently looking for colormatched drives...anyone know a good place to look?

Army_Of_1 said:
I have the 2 Hard Drive bays painted as you can see, I need to add a couple more coats to get the true "midnight blue" look. Painting the interior like lime green might look sweet, and I havn't seen that color on any....

actually i am considering doing lime green. Get an antec or chieftec, then paint the case metalic lime green with metalic blue interior and accents with all blue lights. What do you think?

o yah, MR. B did a case with a lime green interior.

hehe, sorry for the thread hijack :D

I've got basically the same case...this is what I did.
Clear PSU mod (blue) w/ blue LED fans
LED fan in the window
2 LED fan's upfront & 2 in the back
Then I put a window in the front drive bay door to show my LCD.
And cleaned the cables nicely

For my next mod I'd like to add a window to the top of the case and a blowhole in the top window w/ another LED fan

I'll see if I can get some pics

Last edited:
Ok here's the pics...forgive the fact that they suck hehe. I'm using
a crummy camera at the moment and it makes it look like the LCD
isn't backlit (really a very nice yellow) and the LED fan's in the case do a great job lighting it up evenly.
Side View
Side View2
Front View

I'll see if I can take some better pics when my replacement comes in around Jan 9th

Last edited:
I have 1 green flourescent fan that lights up and 3 clear fans I'm in the process of spraypainting with sky blue clearneon paint let me show you a pic that's not in the case, I'll edit this in like 15min (da*n 56K here).
*edit* pics:
fan_no_uv.jpg

fan_uv1.jpg

Last edited:
Back