• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could i do this to my laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newguy123

I want to overclock the FSB on my laptop, which is a Sony Vaio PCG-R505JL. Will Soft FSB work?

What kind of motherboard does this laptop have?

How doi get into bios? Would i be able to set the fsb speed in bios?

I doubt you should be attempting to oc a laptop as they run hot enough as it is. but if you find out your mobo (which btw will probably be oem so the point will be moot anyways) and softfsb doesn't work, you can always try cpucool

My laptop is supposed to be 750MHZ and i checked the cpu speed which shows that its running at 745mhz. I just wanted to overclock that 5 mhz difference. Maybe a little more with just upping the fsb not changing the multiplyer. Since that shouldnt creat that much heat.

How do i get into bios on this laptop?

How doi get into bios? Would i be able to set the fsb speed in bios?

Even if you get into the BIOS you will probably not have the option of changine any real worthwhile settings. You will have to use somethinglike Soft FSB and figure out what components you have.

The reason it may be underclocked is because the CPU is running at 5.5 X 133, which is not quite 750. 5Mhz or even 10 - 20Mhz you will never notice the difference.

Also CPU FSB and CPUCOOL are the same thing, CPUCOOL is a whole suite and CPUFSB is just one part of CPUCOOL.

I say its not worth it, and I would not want a risk any harm to a nice laptop.

Back