• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

battery time Logitech KB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

I just got a Logitech wirewell KB and i was just wondering about how long i should expect the batteries to last on this thing? i love it so far. it was cheaper than most of the wired KB BBY had in stock and i am really starting to like the way it feels.

Is it the same one that was in the recent giveaway contest? I wouldn't mind knowing this myself if that's the case.

Dan at Dan's Data reviewd a wireless Logitech keyboard- I don't think it's the same model as yours, but I doubt the circuitry is all that different.

In a nutshell- batteries should last a year or so. Read all about it right here, he goes into plenty of detail as usual. He starts talking about power issues by the 8th paragraph. Hope this helps! :D

I have Had mine for about a year and it is still going strong and has not skipped a beat. But I would get some Li batteries so you have a nice Good connection, should not cost you more than 5 bucks.

wow i year, thats nice. from what i have read in reviews it seems on the mice they only last about a month.

According to logitech, it's supposed to last about a month or two. I have one, but I don't really know how often I replace the batteries. It seems like it's under a month, but I can't be sure. These batteries have probably been in for over a month (don't remember replacing them for a while). I just replace them when when I realize I need them, and I don't really keep track of it.

wow that is a lot long than i expected! i was thinking i was going to have to definate go rechargeable and have a fresh set ready at least every week. that is a long time. not the one that was in the give away. grr i tried on 4 pcs for over an hour and never won. oh well that what BBY gift cards are for. I knew thet mouses didn't lasdt that long so there was no way i wanted one of them. this in the stand alone KB. Looking at teh box i don't see a model except it is the White Cordless Access Keyboard. Oh on the back of the KB it says Y-RH35 so i guess thats it. Will post back when i have to do my first battery change.

You do not often replace the keyboard batteries usually every 1-3 months. depends on the battery and how often you type compare to using the mouse. If you had a cordless optical that thing sucks up batteries like a starving man and food.

Wireless RF technology has become a lot more efficient on battery use over the past few years, I have the AIW Remote Control, it takes 4 AAA batteries (the really small ones) I've had it since late August and only now I'm finding that the range is a little redueced. It won't always go threw walls anymore, but still works fine for line of sight. I'll probably be putting new ones in it in a week or two.

shortyes said:
You do not often replace the keyboard batteries usually every 1-3 months. depends on the battery and how often you type compare to using the mouse. If you had a cordless optical that thing sucks up batteries like a starving man and food.
Actually, I think the batteries in my logitech cordless optical mouse get replaced about as often as the batteries in my keyboard. Once again, I can't be sure because I just don't keep track of it.

Your keyboard battery life depends upon how much you type. I'm in high school, so I don't need to type anything :) and my batteries have been going strong for more than a year now. But my mouse batteries need to be replaced every 2-3 months because I play games.

Don't you have to use the keyboard in games? Especially the W,A,S, and D keys in FPS games. I would think that the keyboard gets lots of use in games.

Back