• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These temps ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

osoz

Registered
Runnin' a 1900+ palo @ 12 by 142, using a volcano9 & artic silver 3 & gettin' a cpu temp of 48c after 30 minutes of toast. Is that a safe and acceptable temp? It seems like it shud be safe...I think.

48C is an acceptable temp. But if it were my computer I would want to see it in the 40-45C range.

Also is that an on-die temp or socket thermistor?

That's acceptable, but just for your own gratification i'd get it down to about 45C, How many case fans do you have

My case cud use better fans (currently 1 intake & 2 outties...stock)...maybe get a couple of tornados (?). Thnx guys...my mind is at ease now. :O)

osoz said:
My case cud use better fans (currently 1 intake & 2 outties...stock)...maybe get a couple of tornados (?). Thnx guys...my mind is at ease now. :O)

Tornados are too loud for case fans IMHO. They are better suited by design for HSFs.

I have Smart Fan IIs in my case and its nice to be able to dial down the noise :)

Back