• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power consumption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serville

Registered
I know most people say a mobo will consume approx. 30-40w, but what about the latest board which incorporates Firewire, USB2, sophisticated Audio onboard ?
Surely we can not assume all mobos will consume 30-40w regardless of the specs.

So lets, say Nforce2 board with Firewire, USB2, Blootooth, Nvidia audio, and on-board NIC. How much power do you think it will consume ?

30-40 watts are still peak readings...

I'd suggest you keep an eye on toms hardware... he ocasionnally mentions peak watt-usage in his tests, and AMD have watt-usage listed in their builders-guides..

I suppose they'll be updated over time... but my best guess is that NF2 still wont go over 50 watts peak...

Cheers, Flixotide

Well, the fireware isnt using any power if you arent using fireware, same goes with sound/usb/bluethooth etc, I would assume that it uses more power when everything is running (all pci slots full of stuff all usb devices a fireware camera/harddrive) somewhere in 60-70watt range.

Back