• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP 1900+ AGOGA ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Is this Chip Factory unlocked ?
if not wich xp Processors are ? ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

**AGOGA Stepping** AMD Athlon XP 1900+ AGOGA/266 FSB Processor CPU - OEM 1900+/ 1.60GHz
AX1900DMT3C Agoga Core AGA.
Specifications:
CPU: 1.6 GHz
Type: XP 1900+ AGOGA Stepping
Cache: 256K
BUS: 266MHz
Socket A (PGA) OEM (Processor Only)
Model#: AX1900MT3CAGOGA
AMD Athlon XP 1900+ AGOGA processor

Last edited:
in your board i dont think any are, if you had a KT-400 or NF2 you could buy a T-Bred which come unlocked, the 1900+ you have is locked have to join the L1 bridges with conductive paint to unlock it

Ok thx man so Im assuming that no xp processors will be factory unlocked for this Mobo ? (ABIT KX7)

Realy I just want too oc the FSB too 166 & maintain the normal MHZ of the chip wich ever one I buy Im not realy woried about pushing the limits of speed as much as expanding the FSB capability too 166 so that the Ram Can run with no bottleneck

Last edited:
I found this answer but some one else sayes No so what is it yes or no ???

All XP2000+ and lower rated tbred cpus will be unlocked from the factory, allowing multipliers 5-12.5 to be adjusted in the bios of ANY MOTHERBOARD that supports the processor and has multiplier selection.

All XP2100+ and higher processors will be unlocked for multipliers 13-18.5 on ALL MOTHERBOARDS that support these processors. In order to adjust the 5-12.5 multipliers on the XP2200+ and higher processors you need to join the 5th/right-most L3 bridge. See this thread for explanation.*

Get the XP 1800+ from newegg. it says Thourobred which mean its UNLOCKED. only the 2100+ Tbred and higher will be locked on ur motherboard. And if you check the forums you'll see that most go way over 1800MHz and into the 2GHz... That's propably the best bang for the buck right now. Although AMD is supposed to start putting the Tbred Bs in the 1700 and 1800+ flavours out of the door this month. If you can wait a few weeks I think it'd be wise thing to do, if not get the XP1800+ T-Bred

Alright Coolest thx bro

I probbly will hold off for the t-bred b's thx for the tip

Back