• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do yall think of my case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hi everyone. I didn't have the time to do a bad-@$$ mod (believe me, i really wanted to...), so I wen tcheap and bought this nifty case from my local pc store. Its got a built in LCD monitor that tells u the temp of CPU, time, HD usage, and fan speed. Also, its backlight changes colors :) Also, the case comes with a factory-installed window- which is nice i guess :) so here goes my pics:
1.jpg
and here:
2.jpg

and here:
3.jpg

4.jpg
and thats all i got right now- sorry bout the crappy quality-its a webcam:( BUT hey- the case only cost me $51. So i guess its a good deal. U all can decide. :D

lol- forgot to mention that I'm gonna buy a blue neon light for the inside of the case. I tried to get all the cables out of the way by using wire-ties. i got pretty good airflow i suppose- u can see from my sig that i'm using a crappy Volcano 6 CU. and yes, that reading of 29 degrees IS RIGHT! i have one 80mm exhaust fan right behind the cpu, helping to expel hot air and that gray, plastic thing you see is actually a vent kinda thing that came with the case. It has an intake fan in it that sits right over the heatsink's fan, which sucks hot air in from over the heatsink then forces the air out the back of the case through a vent hole. so, the heatsink's fan is 38cfm i think and i'm guessing that the fan over the heatsink is about 80mm. And two 80mm fans is about 60cfm I'm guessing at a minimum. So i guess thats pretty good airflow around my cpu :D also, there are 2 80mm fans blowing over my HD's to keep them cool as well. not to mention that 80mm fan in the side. But I guess my temps are ok for an air-cooled XP. What do yall think? I'll post some more pics as things progress :D

Any way of identifing it? i.e. manufacturer and a model number? nice case btw, i had that gray thingy in my Skyhawk case as well. By which means does that lcd read off the temperatures?

dont you buy it off newegg its mine...he he he well im lookin at it...umm a few questions.... all the reviews said that the mobo tray is really close to the hdd bays and the ps has to be mounted upsidedown because of the back of the case...and does it light up on the outside...like around the drive bays and does it have to usb/firewire/audio conn in the front sorry for all the questions but im really lookin at buying it..q

your speaking jibberish i know cuz i speak it sometimes so puncuate and slow down so we can understand what your saying or at least so i can understand

yes. The mobo tray Is kinda close, but I don't think its really worth worrying about unless you're gonna try and fit A LOT of stuff in there. As for the PSU, no, mine went in fine, just make sure u get a standard ATX one. No, it does not light up on the outside. And yes, there are audio/usb/firewie connectors on the front, but these don't have to be hooked up unless u want to. Good luck!

I would personaly go for the Red Neon to match your front LCD also Blue seems to be the colour everyone goes for!

Back