• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electron Microscope III v2.2.8 (Update)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The WeatherMan

Fixed a bug in create stats page routines
Window change view faster
Stats recovery method changed

Turns out I forgot to test and make sure a data stats file actually exists before I try and create the HTML stats page. Ooops... this will cause EM to freeze up in previous versions. Now, it doesn't do anything.

When changing window views it was slow to update if there were several clients being monitored. I re-wrote the routines to speed this up. You should notice a faster change in the client display, especially in the 7 and 13 view where proteins are not displayed. Turning off the protein drawing routines speeds up the display even more. This may be helpful if you are monitoring a very large number of clients, but there is no need to do that unless you change views a lot.

Stanford notified us that they had improved the stats recovery method they were using. It is many times faster but the format of the returned data was changed so EM had to be modified to read it. I didn't want to release an update until this new method went live at Stanford so I wouldn't have to release an update back to back. I also tried to make sure that the correct score information was being returned. EM verifies both the user name and the team number match before it decides the score it found (if any) is good.

Many thanks to those that donated a few $$$ to help me keep the EM-DC web site up and running this past year. It all helps, and you will see many changes and improvements in the site over this next year.

I hope everyone has a great New Year! :D

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

Awesome! Thanks again for your dedicated and hard work you put forth on giving us this awesome monitor. I know everyone appreciates it. :cool: Keep it up.

Version 2.2.9 (Update)
Fixed an issue with the stats recovery

Updating and improving the stats recovery feature caused a problem when testing names that have spaces in them. Stanford replaces the spaces with an underscore and EM did not recognize this in the validation routine. That problem has been resolved.

New stats recovery speed is awesome isn't it? :D

Nice job, everyone relleh likes it.

Your dedication to the fold, helps us all. Nice Job.

And yes it is awesome :)

-Bubba

Thanks!!!
Spent the morning installing EM3, networking the boxen etc.. and WHY DIDN'T I do this sooner? GREAT program and it saves me from having to unplug-plug kvm morning noon and night!
Keep up the good work:D

I thought I'd mention that I did add something that you may or may not have noticed. When you recover your current work unit credits from the Stanford stats server, you will see something like the below pic when you hover over the work unit credit window. I added your "Rank" information along with the number of work units you've finished. The "Rank" is the over-all rank compared to everyone who is Folding, not your "Rank" on your team. I was asked if I could add the team ranking, but that would require two stats page requests and at this time I don't think I should do that. Stanford servers have a hard enough time keeping up with the current requests as it is. :D

score.jpg

Last edited:
There has been a GAH work unit out there for a while (1tst/pdb1tst). I had forgotten to add it to the protein data file. While EM can calculate the point value, it doesn't do that when you are creating HTML stats files. This fixes that issue. The Autoupdate will get this for you if you have that feature active. ;)

Back