• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron Board Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigfinn39

Registered
A Question from Chris Mantyla about Hardware
I am building a new system w/an Albatron MOBO/XP1800 Thoroughbred/512 MB DDR 2100 Crucial Ram.etc etc. 450W PS.Everything runs fine and no problems except..........The GForce 3 64MB DDR Video Card stutters and locks up.I have tried 3 different GF3 cards and 4 sets of different drivers. I took a known good GF3 out of my main rig,same thing. I have even uninstalled the VIA drivers and re-installed them.I have checked settings and voltages,all good .It's not the CD ROM drives because Quake 2 plays without a CD.I have excellent cooling,no problem there? I'm thinking it has to be the Motherboard. I have removed the 10-100 card, The 1394 controller card. I even manually set the Video Card to use IRQ 5 instead of 11. Still stutters and locks up? Ive checked everything I can. When I put the GF3 back into my old rig it runs Quake 3 and Serious Sam fine.This has me stumped. I even started uninstalling software just in case that was it. ??????????????????????// I need help/

Did you do a fresh install of windows when you built the machine? or did you just use an hdd from an old computer and pop her in? Because one time i didn't do a fresh install and I got horrible stuttering just like you except with an Asus.

My 2 cents.

Re:problem Solved

Not to worry. I figured out that it was some type of a conflict between the brand of Video Card and the MOBO.I took out a GF4 MX440 out of another computer and it ran fine.I ended up buying a GF3Ti200/Gainward GS/ runs fine w/no stuttering. Upgraded to the latest drivers. 41.09/just to let you know. I really don't ever worry about computer problems. I learn as I go and don't get all excited. I have this rig running as an [email protected] GHZ.Top temps after heavy gaming are 95 degrees Far.Gainward runs 3DMark 2001 at 7977.good enough for me.P.S. Actually I could go deeper and say that it could have been a situation where I needed to load the USB 2.0 drivers after the Video Card. That could have been the problem also. I will just use the PNY GF3 in another computer.I already put it in my basement rig.Where I score an 8990 using OC friend Powerstrip. I will be using the Thoroughbred processors from now on.Thats one cool cookie w/all I have loaded on there.

Back