• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did anyone meet their goals?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ray44420

A while back people were mentioning where they thought they would be at this time points-wise. With the growing number of power-folders, am I the only one who came up a little short? A couple months ago, 2000 points would have put you into the top 100. Today it takes over 3300 to achieve this. I hoped to break into the top 100 but fell short at 146 with 2210 points. My resolution for the new year is to reach 25,000 points. That would mean 4th place today, but 364 days from now could only be 40th place. At any rate, lots of folding for a good cause.:)

i missed my goal of Top 50, but i should be able to make it in the next couple weeks or so.

afterwards my goal of 2003 is to add at least 10ghz to the cause.

I made my goal of breaking into the top 70. Unfortionatly it looks like it'll get kicked out again pretty soon (but not for long.) \

fell short on my YattaMonster though. I think I've got the OS together, but I still have to get pxe booting working, and built the casing. So far I've got the sides and top of the cabinet cut, and the 2 boards running off seperate HDDs at the moment. I'll be adding another cpu or 2 to the pile this month, since I have to place an order for another machine anyway...

Well the goal for my newly created F@H team (PCGO #12534) at pcgamersoasis.com was to make it to the top 750 teams by new years. Well we did that, so we decided to change our goal to top 700 by NY and we beat that also. We are currently in 684 however we havent decided on our next goal yet. But more importanly we need more members to the site because folding wise, we have about the same ratio as you guys do when it comes to folders per site members.

I didn't set any goals last year but I think I'm gonna shoot for around the top 150 for Team 32 by my birthday in july. It's gonna be really tough to do with all the power folders around here, but it should give me pretty good incentive to try to improve my own folding contribution:)

i was shooting for 1000 points and to be in the top 300, i'm at 273 last i looked and i have over 1200 points :D (stats are down right now i would have exact numbers)

Never really set a goal, but It would be cool to make the top 5 by the end of this year. It won't be easy to do, but then it woulndn't be much fun if it was right! Should have another 5 GHZ in the next few weeks.

OK, enough of these meaningless "point value" goals. If you fold soley for points, you are a disgrace! We fold for the good of humanity, not points! My goal is to cure every known disease to mankind. Now I must go to check my stats!!!:D

My goal for '03, is to keep my production at it's currnet level, or increase it slightly....and get passed in the ranks by a whole busload of you guys with access to multi-rig networks and whatnot...:p

There's not much I can do for adding rigs (I can work on replacing single CPU systems with duallies...;) ), as the electric bill is about as high as the Mrs will allow.

I peaked at 9th on the team, and broke into the Top 100 overall. I had my "day in the sun". Now I'm more than content to cheer you guys on as you bang out 500, 700, 900, 1000 and more points per week.

Onward to 2nd place! That's my true hope for 2003. Team 32 back in 2nd.

Fold ON! :beer:

B.

Mr B said:

I peaked at 9th on the team, and broke into the Top 100 overall. I had my "day in the sun". Now I'm more than content to cheer you guys on as you bang out 500, 700, 900, 1000 and more points per week.

B.

Hear Hear! Onwards to 2nd place!!

I didn't set any exact goals. I had one of reaching 200 ppw, but with the computer hiccups I was having over the break, I don't know if I've been able to reach it yet.

I never set a goal, but I am going to this year. By years end, my goal is to be in the top 50. It wont happen with my current rate of production, but I hope to score more machines from work and have a yata jr with 10 machines built by mid year. Goals, combined with all the increased competition, should really give our team a good boost! :) Good luck on all your goals everyone.

FOLD ON!

Mr B said:

There's not much I can do for adding rigs (I can work on replacing single CPU systems with duallies...;) ), as the electric bill is about as high as the Mrs will allow.

B.

I hear ya.. Edison's stock is going up because of gnerma, GTSimmo, Myself, and a few others. We had figured an average of $4-5/ mo per rig. But since im at $.19/Kwh, im closer to $20/month per rig :eek: So, like you, I have a moratorium on the number of rigs i can have. So its all dually building from here :D

My goal way back in july was to hit 7k pts by years end and be in the top 40. I only had three rigs at that time and one was either a P2 450 or a K6-2 450@525. Now im running 4 XP's and was @5 for a little while (sold it to make room for first dually). Even with having all rigs down for a total of 2 weeks, I almost made 8k by years end.

I remember my first goal, to reach 500 pts by april 14 (my b-day). The only way i made that was with the outstanding support of Loud, Cluster, and ]-[itman w00r!!! The heat in my house was enormous (this was before we got A/C) as i saw ambient temps as high as 94* F in my puter area, so i was dropping production left and right (either through backing down the O/C or the rig crashig altogether) and these three guys jumped on and gave my production the much needed boost to make the goal a reality.. It was by far the most challenging goal for me and continues to be the most memorable. Every time i see something negative here (which isnt too often) I just think back to april and get reminded that we have the greatest team around!!

My current goal is to pass flounder by march 3rd (my 1 year anniversary folding), although it appears that i wont be making that happen as financial difficulties have postponed my latest project. stranger things have happened though and there is still hope that i will complete the project soon and get my production back up with 5 rigs :D

Back