• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my mouse is dead...or is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

hey all, i have here a semi-dead Logitec iFeel Mouse, when i plug it in, the red LED lights up for about 10 seconds then tuns off. the buttons still work as i can right click.

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix this thing?

Thanks, Mike

Me too

Digital Pimp, I'm having the same exact problem. I opened it up and took a look, and I couldnt see anything wrong with it, but that's not saying much... Also, probably a month before it started the turning off thing, the ifeel pretty much quit working. Whenever the ifeel would kick in, it would turn off. Then it started turning off on it's own. I've pretty much given up on it now since I have a Logitech wireless duo on the way.;) But if you figure out what's wrong with it, I'd be interested. Good luck...:) oh, and by the way I have a friend who bought one around the same time, and his works perfectly.

I am sure you did this, but is all I can think of.

Check the optics on the bottom and make sure nothing is covering them. Sometimes I get a cat hair under there and it really wrecks havoc. Clean it real good and see if that helps.

Anytime you plug anything in to USB you have to watch out. Either the USB can send too much voltage and kill the thing that is connected to it or the thing connected to it kills the USB ports.
That's just my Experiences with some USB ports and some USB devices.

I think you can send it back to Logitech, I think it comes with a 5 year warrenty. Look for loose wiring.

Hey just to let you guys know, i took my ifeel mouse apart again. This time I completely disassembled it, uplugging all wires and checking everything. I plugged everything firmly back in, made sure nothing was loose, and reconnected it to the computer. It's been running for almost 2 days now without a problem. I seem to have fixed it for now. So I'm assuming something was loose like Tebore said. Hope this helps....

that always works for me take the whole thing apart and then put it back together, i dont know howmant times i did that to my origonal NES system give it a shot youve got nothing to lose since the mouse it scrwewd up any way

Back