• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating Bios F4 to F9 on Ga-7VAX problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Campero

Hi all. I want to update my bios to F9 version. I downloaded it and the zip file contents one 128k .bin archive. When I try to load it with 'Gigabyte @BioS Writer' program I get this error message: Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match. What means that error? Does it's related with the file size right? I tried saving the current version (F4) creating a 256k bin file and then loading it and I don't get any error.

Any ideas?
Thanks anyway

PD: I don't have floppy disk.

Using a boot disk was the only way I could flash the bios. You could try making a bootable cdrom and puting the flash program and bios on the cdrom.

You could try making a bootable cdrom and puting the flash program and bios on the cdrom.

How? do you mean that copying the .bin file and the program (?) to a cd I'ill be able to flash the bios?

With which program? with Q-Flash? Can you explain that better?

Thanks very much

The bios update f9 is bugged i think, i just tried to load it and it gave me the incorrect file size please download the 4mb one it said. I think its just a problem on their part, wait for another update :)

I'm using nero burining rom and there's a function to make a bootable cdrom. Unzip the bios file and burn the two file on to the cdr and make it bootable. The zip file contains the flashing program and bios file. Also make sure you choose cdrom as the first boot device in the bios.

NO. the way to do it is update your BIOS one at a time meaning to do 6 then 7 then 9 cuz i never saw a 8 but yeah thats the way i did it and now im on 9 and it works fine....

Back