• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What BIOS do I use for my A7V133A ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remington

Registered
I just got the board and don't know which BIOS to flash it with, where to get it from, and how to flash it.

I was under the impression you need to flash from DOS, but don't have Dos since I'm running Windows 2000.

What do I do? I'm currently using the 1001c BIOS that came with the Asus board.

Thanks guys!

Here is a great page, latest bios, Via 4 in ones, and Asus update. This will install the new bios with the press of a button. It worked when I went from your bios to 1005c, no sweat. Ok, I WAS sweating. If it screwed up...

Anyway, worked for me, easy. Everyone says don't risk it, and I guess that's smarter.

monk

http://www.athlonmb.com/faq-display.cfm?FAQ=4

Monk, is this the same BIOS for the A7V133A ??? I was under the impression that the A7V133A had different BIOS's than the A7V, I could, however, be very very wrong.

Please let me know

yes they do, not a good idea to flash ur a7v133 w/a7v bios. ur memory and fsb tweaks will be screwed up.

use bios 102a-1 (also known as 1002a-1). there's 1003 out, but its still not official (only available on the german asus site) and it offers no performance gains, unlike1002a-1 did from 1001c.

good luck,
monza

amd tbird 800@1000 (7.5x133)
"New" Vantec cooler (gotta love that clip)
Asus a7v133 motherboard
256mb pc150 kingmax (2-2-2)
evga geforce2pro 32mb
maxtor 30g
40x cdrom
zip100
linksys 10/100 nic

Thanks a lot for the help Monza, will there be anything I should be careful with or do differently since I'm running Win 2ooo? Or do I do it the same as 98?

Also, I tried flashing by starting in safe mode, then from the prompt I ran as instructed, but I recieved an error message, don't remember exactly what it said, but something to the effect that something was locked?? I'll run it again and write down exactly what it said.

Thanks again, keep the info coming if ya would!

first off bra, dont ever shut down. second, easiest way to do it is to go back to 9x (spare old hd would help) and do it under dos. then go back and use ur prime drive and win2k, i have 2k server as well as 9x as this is how i get around it. (what else am i gonna use a 1.6g maxtor for dude).

good luck,
monza

amd tbird 800@1000 (7.5x133)
"New" Vantec cooler (gotta love that clip)
Asus a7v133 motherboard
256mb pc150 kingmax (2-2-2)
evga geforce2pro 32mb
maxtor 30g
40x cdrom
zip100
linksys 10/100 nic

My machines are WinNT. To flash the BIOS I just use a Win95 bootable floppy with the BIOS files (new and current) and the flash program on it.

Back