• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mbm 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reverend

Im setting up MBM 5, and I have more sensors that I have no Idea what they are. I matched the sensors up with what my bios show but there are 2 sensors in MBM 5 that show higher temps than my bios. How do I know which ones are correct??????

On the A7V333 the AMD on-die temp should be sensor 4 (it is on mine). I'm fairly certain that the bios cpu temp is the in-socket thermistor temp. Since the on-die temp sensor is inside of the processor core it will show a higher (and more accurate) temperature. It also updates much faster than the in-socket sensor.

I would tell you what the other sensor #s are on mine, but it's down for the weekend...

I would trust the BIOS b4 MBM any day, since mbm just translates what the bios chip is telling it, its like whisper down the lane, just on more person to screw it up.....

Last edited:
Back