• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get expansion slot covers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BryanS

Registered
I got a refurbished Chieftec case from New Egg. Overall I am happy with it, but it came stripped of the covers for the expansion slots. I am not going to send it back for something like that and I am sure they don't have another case to send as a replacement anyway.
Does anyone know of a source for them - I am in need of 4 total. I don't know if there are any retailers that sell them or if any users here have any spares lying around they might like to sell.

Thanks

Fushyuguru said:
think of it as extra ventilation. [/QUOTE

I sort of thought that it my work for ventilation, too. Contrary to my assumption, I've read that it is bad for your expansion slots to be open. It messes up the airflow. Probably, it is because the cold air is at the bottom, where the open slots are.

I figured that the exhaust fans would be more effective if they were forced to suck air across the board from the intake fans rather than up from the open slot holes. I would still like to cover them if anyone has any donations or extra ones for sale or knows a retailer that carries them. Thanks

Bryan-stop into your local mom and pop shop. They probably have a box of expansion card plates under the counter and would be happy to let you have a few.

BHD

Yeah, any local PC shop, especially those that build there own should have some. I have about ~75 sitting here lol

I bought a bag of them at CompUSA for like $3. Not sure if the Chieftec takes the standard ones or not.

FeralCom said:
I bought a bag of them at CompUSA for like $3. Not sure if the Chieftec takes the standard ones or not.

any slot covers should fit fine... i mean, they do have a standard for slot size. afterall, it would suck if you bought a nice r9700 and it didn't fit because your slot was a different size :D yes, chieftec cases have different slot covers, but i have used others in mine... they work just the same...

at pccables.com, they have some for .55 each.

http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/ord...o=07100&search=CASE&rsite=pccables.com&rcode=

Last edited:
Back