• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good CPU Stepping is everything... Life is good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

A good CPU Stepping is everything. Life is good again. :D

I had a AMD 2400+ XP AIUCB week 42. No matter what I do, it just wont go over 2250mhz. Finally I am fed up with it and sold it on ebay. Then I got another AMD 2400+ XP AIUGB week 44 from ebay. With minimal effort, I can oc it to 12.5x185mhz @ 1.85v

WCPUID is showing the cpu is running at 2322.97mhz. I have not yet really pushing the cpu hard because I RMA my Corsair PC 3500 and they are not back yet. I am extremely happy with AIUGB week44 but I heard the Week46/47 is even better.

Same here man, I have an XP2400 AIUCB 0241, blech, won't do above 2220 and I even have to run it at 1.975v to not crash during Prime 95 torture at that speed.

I think I may do the ebay thing too. Although I should just be happy with what I got.

well... I sold my aiucb OEM and got another aiugb Retail Package... ate the difference like US$20... not bad... good thing on ebay is that you can get the stepping from the seller first.

I have no clue using prometeia on aiucb week43. I am only using water cooling, cathar's white water only.

Back