• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fav. UT2k3 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jacheatamobits

post your favorite UT 2003 mod here... ive only seen a couple, but im toataly rediscovering the game...

some mods i would like to see...

1. one that makes the bots' skill level different (some god-like, and some novice

2. a 'static' machine gun/turret. this would allow for a whole new invasion-strategy.

3. more weapons, dammit!

as far as maps go, who cares, i still enloy playing the ones from the demo, as long as the play/strategy is different!

also post some mods YOU would like to see

You're talking a "static" turret like in the original UT "CTF Midtown" map, right?

That could be a very interesting addition for the team oriented games in UT2K3... Good idea.

I'd like to see the "Ripper" brought back in some form. Agony][ and Codex][ for UT2K3 just don't seem the same without that one... Bouncing flying razor blades off the walls around corners to frag people was a neat little trick. :D

At first, I hated the Lightning Gun, but I've practised quite a bit with it in solo games against bots, and I've gotten used to it now. The lag time between shots used to drive me nuts, but it forces you to make that first shot count, as the lightning will give your location away. No more "camping" and sniping.

What I'd really, really like to see is a book published for learning how to used the UnrealEd program in UT2K3. I know there's some excellent online "tutorial" pages, but I learn faster if I have a hard copy in front of me. I just have a hard time bouncing back and forth between the UEd proggie and a webpage....which brings up another thing I'd like to see..

Better bot pathing in user made maps. I've downloaded some exquisite looking maps, that really are only good for playing online with no bots, as they literally just stand still if used.

I found a beautifully done remake of CTF "Facing Worlds", updated with the Egyptian theme so prevalent in UT2K3.....awesome looking map. But the author did no bot pathing whatsoever...even mentions so in the "read me" file that is in the Zip File with the map and .utx files. The bots all huddle behind the two towers, and don't ever leave there.

DM Deck16]i[ (UT2K3) is another that the bots move like statues...:( DM-Deck17[FuT] is much better in this regards.

I've seen some truly amazing Mods/Mutators being put together over at the InfoGrames Forums... Time will only bring even more, and better things. This game leaves a lot of room for add-ons, and I think you're going to see some remarkable creations made for this game.

Cheers!

B.

hey, check this out, if you use easy cd-da extractor and make an .ogg file from an mp3, you can listen to your favorite music while playing. you just have to save it in the music folder, and rename it with whatever your replacing.

KR-UT2003-menu.ogg is the one that plays up everytime you start the game, and personaly, it was getting very annoying.

Back