• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viruses- "quarantined"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

When a virus/infected file is quarantined, is it still safe to have norton delete them?

I'm getting bombed from a friend who recently got about a million viruses, and my inbox is being flooded. Everytime I download another of his emails, I get a virus warning.

Any suggestions? I have hotpop, I'm gonna see if I can block him from the hotpop.com site rather then blocking his emails with OE after its too late.

Well, as long as you dont remove it from the quarantine, it is fine im pretty sure.

It deletes the file that is infected (also the infectors). I've had to do this with a couple of nasty downloads :|

And at times, that is even the way that they say to remove it if it keeps quarantine'ing the item (They being Nortton Anti-Virus people)

Hope it helps,
-Bubba

once the viruses are quarantined , use the quarantine to delete them....

and DO delete them, cuz when i got infected ,the quarantine took up all of my harddrive space until it run out... 6 gigs...

i consider everything in the quarantine harmless, as it can't run from there

Back