• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolents

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I have a few quick questions about coolents?

1. What is distilled water and where do i get it?

2. Can I use water from my water purifyer in my water cooling system?

3. Is purified water the same as distilled water?

4. If I am setting up a system to test different liquids and the coolent will only be in the the tubes for a max of a few days, do i need to use water wetter?

5. How do you change the liquid? Would you need to take the whole system out and dump the stuff out and then let it dry, or is there some other way?

thanks in advance

1) h2o.. supermarket.. autoshop... hmmm
2) wuts stopping you?
3) no
4) i don't really understand wut your trying to say :(
5) take one of your tubes.. pull it off wutever it is connected to.. and watch it drain.. :)

If i take one of the tubes off will all of the water drain out or will i have to turn on my pump....

I will refraise question that you did not understand...
I am doing an experiment to what liquid will give me the lowest temperature...so i will be changing liquids everyfew days...and wanted to know if the liquid will only be in there for a few days will i need to put water wetter in....

actually.. if your changing coolant.. run the old water out into a res.. and run the new coolant thru until for a min or 2........

i still dont get wut your talking about.. do you know wut ww is?

somewhat and helps your temps, so you should test with water wetter int o get better temps.

Back