• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

166fsb chip questions and oddities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
im hitten a few issues and ive read others are having these and other problems also.
first,sandra will not run a cpu benchy at any speed,prime wont stay running over 2.3ghz,prime i can understand but sandra baffles me.

i can fold at [email protected] and im running that really hot burn in now at [email protected] 50c is why the chip is lowered in speed and vcore.

this has been said several times its issue with the chip being reconised as a 166 chip.but im not considering cutting a bridge on this new,expensive chip just to run sandra or prime.

heck i can even run 3dmark2001se no problems and i know it demands a stable cpu.

also on a similer subject i can now get 2570 mhz @1.85 great oc i know but id liek to see 2.6 on air.and to do that i need more vcore.i can just overvolt the mobo,but goes str8 to 2.05-2.1 and thats too much too soon and a no-no on air.

so im thinking of hard coding the pins to fool the cpu into a higher default.so i can get 1.9-1.95 vcore options.i can experiment onmy 2200 as its same defaults .ive never done this so i need advice before i try it on either chip.i still have my 2200 until its sold.

i also ive the guides that showwhat pins to use so im good there.

anyones advice will be taken as both these subjects arent dealt with much.lol mabey i need to go track opp down? lol these new untried things are fun too :)

What version of Sandra you have?

I have SiSoftware Sandra Professional Unicode (32bit x86) 2003.1.9.26 build.

Does wcpuid reads your cpu fsb/multiplier correctly? It is better than sandra or anything else telling how fast is CPU running at. You shouldn't need to do any mod on your 2700+.

cpuid reads everything correctly,even specifies the chip as a xp2700 and it and sandra could never read my 2200 correctly.

and yes same exact version of sandra.
and i dont think i need to do anything also,but why the 2 program problems? i can try and unistall sandra and put it back in might fix it.

any thoughts on that vcore adjustment trick?

I am bad at soldering so I have never done any vmods to increase vcore before. 8RDA+ let me adjust up vcore to 2.2.

And I can't find the vmod in the amd mobo forum stick for asus a7v333r

yeh it does overvolt but goes directly to 2.05-2.1 thats just too much right now,i need 1.9-1.95.

i wont do no vmods,but im just talking about hard coding the chip as its just temperary.http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html
as this shows.

anyhow i got sandra working.this is freaking wierd too.it acts like a screen freeze when i try a cpu bench.its just sandra stopping everything until it finishes.never did that before,wierd.

Back