Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.
Forum Jump

Setispy is idle and won't stop being idle

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-05-03, 05:26 PM Thread Starter   #1
m_arishnakoff
Registered

Setispy is idle and won't stop being idle

I woke up today and setispy was idle so i exited it and tried starting it again and it still did the same thing. I also tried to transmit a couple times and i messed with a couple other settings. I also tried rebooting but it still did the same thing. So after an hour of waiting to see if it corrected itself I uninstalled the client, setispy, and setidriver and reinstalled them all. I completed 1 wu and then it started doing the same thing. I have transmitted only 1 wu all day. Please help I am loosing valuable seti time
m_arishnakoff is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-05-03, 05:44 PM   #2
TC
Senior Seti Addict

10 Year Badge

Are you running windows XP? If so Seti Spy has known problems with that platform. I would suggest running something different like Seti Driver.

Old 01-05-03, 05:47 PM Thread Starter   #3
m_arishnakoff
Registered

I am running 2000 pro. I have everything set up like in the guide by SpeedDj, so setispy and seti driver are supposed to be working together. This is wierd because I have been running seti since june and i have never had this problem.

Last edited by m_arishnakoff; 01-05-03 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-05-03, 06:08 PM Thread Starter   #4
m_arishnakoff
Registered

Somehow I just magically fixed it, don't ask how, it just happened. Thanks for the help TC.
Old 01-05-03, 06:56 PM   #5
TC
Senior Seti Addict

10 Year Badge

Hmm, weird. I quit using Spy a long time ago because I encountered a lot of odd ball problems that nobody had any solution for. Seti Driver running alone has been extremely reliable for me.

Old 01-05-03, 08:37 PM   #6
Burning Phoenix

10 Year Badge

I run only seti driver also because i believe it may take a minute or so longer to complete a WU while using it. I don't know maybe it's just me.

Burning Phoenix is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-06-03, 07:56 AM   #7
Mictlan
Senior OC BOINC User

10 Year Badge

In my WIndows XP rig (aka my main rig) I just copied a quick access icon into the startup folder of SETIDriver.....as I kept getting odd error with SETISpy.....so every time I restart the machine (or is restarted after a power failure SETIDriver will restart even if SETISpy don't.....then when I do a check into my main rig, I just start SETISpy if it hadn't restarted on its own

Join the ONLY team to crunch for!!!!!
Now backed up by the Danish Jedi Alliance
"We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."
Mictlan is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.