• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange DDR chips on a strange DDR DIMM! Help me identify it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i810 Forever

After work today (Best Buy) I picked up a 256MB stick of RK-Byte PC-2100 for $56 to use while I'm waiting for a new module of PC-3500 from Corsair, and then I can put this stick into a different machine later.

There are "TMTc" DDR SDRAM chips on the front and back of the DIMM organized like this on each side:

* * * *[~1 Inch space]* * * *

The chips are not regular TSOP/TSOP-II, but smaller- narrower and just a little longer than the BGA DDR SDRAM chips on my 9700 Pro, havn't come across chips like these before.

I have never heard of "TMTc" before either, but I did notice the sticker over some of the chips bearing the information, "PC-2400, 300Mhz, CAS2.5", so I decided to get this DIMM instead of the others (Elixir, 266Mhz, CAS2.5) since it read PC-2400 on it when it's being sold as PC-2100.

I searched this forum and Google to try and find some information on this weird looking DIMM, but no luck. :(

If anyone can tell me what the speed in ns these chips are I'd greatly appreciate it.

The chips are stamped with:

TMTc
T5DS128088LP-65

Any help in identifying these chips is greatly appreciated.

Chances are pretty good the 65 on the end refers to 6.5ns. Not that it matters. Stick it in a machine and find out what it will do.

I've had TMTC modules and the happen to overclock better than my 2700 sammy that I had, they are pretty good sticks of ram...

Back