• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tbred voltage hard coding info.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ive had a few people ask about hard coding the L11's to control vcore adjustments.one reason to do this is when the mobo dont allow bios changes for the vcore,and for tricking the mobo into a differant and higher options of vcore.

this is the link to the pins coding options
http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html
what im stating is for 1.65 default tbreds.others have differant pin settings on the L11's is all.the stock pin settings on the 1.65 default cpu is the one the site shows for 1.8v is the stock pin settings on my tbred.why its this way i have no clue.i figured the settings on my pins would be the ones showed for 1.65,but 1.8 is the setting.

anyhow my thoughts were that if i could increase the default id get higher options? well i did the pins as it is stated for 1.85 vcore pin settings showed at the site.
my results were it did change my default to 1.85 in the bios.the bad news that was the only option.might be just on my mobos bios.so i cleaned it all off and went back to stock settings as it offered 1.65 1.85 vcore options.other settings might work to trick the mobo,but i couldnt try those as it required me to cut bridges.not gonna happen on this chip,at the moment anyhow.

this might be usefull information to someone who wanted higher vcore options.this may work for a 1.6vcore defualt chip,which id guess the pin arangments would show a setting of 1.75 at the site.just passing the good word.

im not responsable for anything you try,im just passing this on to say it did nothing helpfull for me.

The following image shows what default CPU voltage is generated based on the Tbred voltage selection pins. These are the pins on the CPU that are tied to the L11 bridges. A '0' means that the pin is connected to the VSS pin (ground) or the bridge is "connected". A '1' means that the pin is not connected to the VSS pin (ground) or the bridge is "cut". Knowing this means that you can use the table to determine which bridges to connect and cut, based on what default CPU voltage you want.

Tbred%20Voltage%20Pins.jpg

Another choice if you don't want to cut and connect bridges is that you can connect the pins directly. I did this method with my Tbred as explained in this THREAD.

good read man.one of the points i was making and i think you have found out also,is my bios only allows upto 1.85vcore. and for people looking for more this doesnt allow that to happen.

it does allow someone who bios options are 1.75 max to go upto 1.85,by raising the defaults.id agree the pin jumpers on the bottom are much better than cutting a bridged on top.

Back