• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finding PPGA celerons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I know this is kinda way oldish... but I have an old Abit BP6 dual PPGA mobo lying around, that takes two PPGA CPU's up to 533 Mhz...

Does anyone know where I can get hold of any PPGA's? Two of those oc'ed on the FSB would make a nice folding rig.

Cheers and thanks,

Flixotide

There where a pair of 300's and a pair of 500 Celerons here on the forums Classifieds not too long back. You may want to check to see if they are still around.

like i mentioned in the other thread about celerons, you may not get much of an overclock if you go for a pair of 533 celerons.
i'd look into getting some lower speed celerons and clocking them as far as you can.

even with a pair of 300A's you should get better performance (or not much difference) than with a pair of slightly overclocked 533's.
the 300A's should be able to do atleast 450, but the big jump in fsb bandwidth will help out a a lot more than a smaller fsb increase from the 533's.
not to mention the PCI/AGP speeds dropping back to spec.

does any of that even make sense. :p lol

No matter... already have my hands on two 533's...

But thanks to you guys for posting anyhow..

Cheers, Flixotide

was going to say, cause the 533's were the last processors in the PPGA form. the 533a's & up were FC-PGA, with different voltage requirements.

Back