• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand new to overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drifter316

i am brand new to overclocking, i have an epox ep-8kta2 MB with KT133 agpset,
can anyone tell me where i can go to find out what all the different settings mean so that i can get started?
i have read the user manual but it dosnt tell me to much about overclocking.

need info

Your manual doesn't tell you much about overclocking, but it instructs you in the operations we use to overclock (setting FSB, changing multiplyer and editing memory config etc.). Like many other overclockers (except for some real die-hards and owners) I don't know what kind of mobo you have when you mention epox-xxx. I believe KT133 makes that an athlon mobo, and I guess it's a socket A processor feet. Would you tell us also first what kind of CPU you have? (thunderbird/duron Xxxx-MHz). And if possible what brand (or kind) of cooler you use. With this info available, I'm sure we could help you out.

drifter316 (Mar 05, 2001 12:10 p.m.):
i am brand new to overclocking, i have an epox ep-8kta2 MB with KT133 agpset,
can anyone tell me where i can go to find out what all the different settings mean so that i can get started?
i have read the user manual but it dosnt tell me to much about overclocking.
If memory serves, your board does support multiplier manipulation.

You will need to unlock you CPU's multiplier first.

Then get back with us.

I would also advise you to go to the main page as well as some other sites to familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of o/cing.

Yo

Back