• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with K7s5a On board LAN Config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plbowler

I ran the setup disk, but all it detected was the PCI card I have. Do I need to remove the PCI card?

Onboard LAN is Enabled in the BIOS

I have a PCI NIC installed now.

Onboard sound works.

am I missing anything?

if you are not trying to networking pc's then...
do this:
1. go to the my computer icon on your desktop, right click on it and click on the advanced tab
2. select device manager.
3. right click on the lising for the NIC pci card, (it should have a funny looking yellow question mark or something yellow where the pci card is located). right click on it and select remove device.
4. turn of pc.
5. remove nic card
6. power up pc
7. when windows come up it should ask something like, "you need to install a driver for your new device / onboard lan." (unless you already did). or something to that extent.
8 when it asks you which method you would like to use, to add or update the driver for the lan, select use disk.
9. insert the driver disk (that came with your mobo), and click ok.
that should do it.
:)

thanks, I'll give it a try.

I do run a network through a Linksys Router, does that matter.

Just another PC, a PLayStation2 and a iBook on it, I don't use Internet connection sharing through this machine or anything

Back