• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marley

what is water cooling exactly - from what i gather it is something to do with your heating system - sounds a little messy to me!

Marley said:
what is water cooling exactly - from what i gather it is something to do with your heating system - sounds a little messy to me!
my bedroom is 100% heated by my amd heating systems.lol

i think you meant cooling systems.basicely watercooling is an aquarium pump pushing water threw a block of copper thats attched to the cpu like a heatsink is.this is then run into a radiater/heater core from a car.this has fans attached to it to remove heat and the cooled water is the pumped back to the cpu again.

it can be scary but is actually rather safe.

Indeed he is...welcome to the Forums Marley.... ;)

A very valid question, although it *really* belongs over in the "Cooling" topic.

Marley, check the 2nd link in my sig below....it's an article I wrote for the Front Page here on my server rig....dual cpu (AMD), watercooled.

Water used to scare me too....to me, the thought of electricity and water used to have the same connotations of alcohol and driving...:eek:

But, if one researches it, you'll find that it's quite safe (watercooling...not drunk driving...LOL), as long as you research the comonents you are going to use, take your time assembling them, and test the water system out for leaks before completely assembling the "computer" it goes in.

I'm undecided on the next project.....I've got a micro ATX case here that's got room for a 6" x 6" radiator in the lower front, and I think it'd be neat after building a full tower monster to build a micro-powerhouse.

I've gotten workboots that came in bigger boxes than this case...LOL. It'll hold a mATX board, and there's some nice AMD Socket "A" boards out there...onboard LAN, DDR, etc...AMD XP ready.

*imagines 2+ GHz, a half gig of DDR, GF4 Ti, watercooled in this teeny-tiny box*

*giggles to self*

I've also go thoughts of getting another full tower.....if Newegg ever gets back in stock the Chieftec version of the Antec SX1240.... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

B.

it wasnt a joke, but thanks - how about sending me pics when urnew rig is build (if u do build it)

Back