• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What rheobus/ baybus's will fit into a Chieftec Tower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yanks111

Alright, I attempted to make my own baybus but completely screwed up, so I decided now to buy one.....

.....but which one will fit underneath the door on the Chieftec Dragon? I really like that black nexus one, but the knobs are probly too big....

Anyone here using a baybus/rheobus with this case?

get the 6 port dual voltage one and what u do is file down the indentations in the bay, then mount it, pretty simple.

any basic vendor has the 6 port for like $20

i have the chieftech matriz (the full tower case) and i have the nexus rheobus. i just set it back like a milimeter, and it fits fine.

SpaceRangerJoe said:
i have the chieftech matriz (the full tower case) and i have the nexus rheobus. i just set it back like a milimeter, and it fits fine.
you got to love those slide in rails :D

thanks, i like my case. and those sennheisers are pretty sweet too. as far as it working for 5v fans, i think you could get it to work. the vantec rheobus isnt just a rheostat i dont think. i know the nexus panel thing, the other one, the fan channel is pulse modulated or something. so it doesnt really adjust voltage, but it pulses a 12v signal, so you can turn fans down lower than they would normally go, and its a whole lot more efficient (hence the handling 18watts a channel without the need for a big heatsink) i suppose if you changed the wires on a molex plug, you could run all of the fans on 5v, but i dont think theres a good way to run just one channel on 5V.

i just ordered a nexus for my chieftec tower... i will tell you how the install when it comes (prolly sometime near the end of the week) and maybe i will show some pictures of the end result if your lucky :D btw, you're case looks pretty nice :D is that the atx power switch, reset button and keylock on the front panel abover your nexus fan controller?

nope. the normal power button does nothing on my case, its just glued in there. the reset button is in the normal place, just below the door, between the hdd and power leds. the far left switch is for my 2 UV cathodes, and the switch just to the right of that is for the blue el wire in the bottom half of the case. the key hole is a borg warner universal ingition. i just wired the power header to the start position (since its a mementary) and you use the key to turn the computer on.

SpaceRangerJoe said:
nope. the normal power button does nothing on my case, its just glued in there. the reset button is in the normal place, just below the door, between the hdd and power leds. the far left switch is for my 2 UV cathodes, and the switch just to the right of that is for the blue el wire in the bottom half of the case. the key hole is a borg warner universal ingition. i just wired the power header to the start position (since its a mementary) and you use the key to turn the computer on.

that's pretty cool :D sounds like it would be fun to start up.. hehe i would actually consider shutting my computer down then :)

yeah, its kinda neat. i catch some hell around here for it occasionally, but hey, its all in good fun :D. if i get bored sometime, im going to try to take the circutry out of a little toy car, you know, one that makes noise. i think i can figure out a way to have that make a car starting sound when i turn the computer on. haha, now that would be pretty funny.

sorry for bringing a dead thread back to life.. but i just got my black nexus fan controller for my chieftec matrix and i'm trying to use the drive rails and when i put it on the 3rd back (furthest inset into the case) its about 1/8" too deep. when i try the 2nd back setting it sticks out about 1/8". i can't find any way to get it to be level.

:(

help?

stupid vantec people cant even figure out how to get a very simple thing like this to work correctly.

lol Maxvla.

I had a similar problem trying to get mine to fit. Instead I just drilled my own holes.

Max,
I've got the same problem, but I haven't really done anything about it. Drilling your holes sounds like it would be a good fix. That's probably the way I'll go once I get around to it.

yah the sides on my vantec rheobus are too short when i put the slide on guides on them so it rattles around in there and doesnt fit.

i think i'm just going to make the holes in the vantec unit into a slot so i can adjust it.

thanks for the input guys.

Back