• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Resqme

Please Help, I have a Asus A7V133, I was changing my dram settings,to 133 for my PC133 Ram, and acidentaly changed my bus frequency setting to 133...Now my PC does not boot or get into the Bios, the manual says if you acidentaly change the wrong bus settings to shut off the computer and restart and it will restart into the Bios to change the settings back and mines not...Do u think my chip or board is fried??? I am Running the 1 ghz thunderbird.
Thanks for any Help!

I have an ABIT board and did the same thing. You have to clear the BIOS while the computer is off and then start it up. You will start with a factor fresh BIOS and will have to redo all of the setting changes that you had before the problem. I am not sure exactly how to clear the BIOS on the Asus board but I believe you have to short to points together somewhere on the board. Check some of the other posts as I have read about this somewhere here. Also try one of the guides.

I can hold down the ins key while starting the pc and it will boot using the chip default on my kt7-raid.

YahooDave (Mar 07, 2001 10:55 p.m.):
I have an ABIT board and did the same thing. You have to clear the BIOS while the computer is off and then start it up. You will start with a factor fresh BIOS and will have to redo all of the setting changes that you had before the problem. I am not sure exactly how to clear the BIOS on the Asus board but I believe you have to short to points together somewhere on the board. Check some of the other posts as I have read about this somewhere here. Also try one of the guides.

PG 59 OF YOUR ASUS BOOK HAS A RE -SET ON THE CMOS DO THIS WITH YOUR PC OFF :)AND IT SHOULD RESET YOUR DEFAULTS

Back