• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slk-800!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TweakOC

OMG I just got my SLK-800 today put it in and the TEMPS went
|
|
|
|
V
It's So... Good plus sense I have a tornado on it :p
O I was wondering. Is it better to have the fan point down or up.
Right now. it's at idle.
haha.jpg

Well this does belong in cooling but you most definately must have the fan blowing down upon the heatsink. Sucking the air from the heatsink does little or nothing for cooling.

OC-Master

Very very rarely does sucking do better than blowing, I think only Alpha PAL8045's can regularly do better sucking. Man that sounds dirty...

Anyways, how is your CPU temp lower than the system temp?

--Illah

Really i don't know how that is posible but hey it works. Im going to turn the fan around right now.

I am jealous of your 5V... What PSU are you using?

Thats a great CPU temp, about as good as my watercooling! Check your case cooling, your board shouldn't be hotter than the CPU, although some board sensors are junk. Mine reports 10C cooler if I blow a fan directly on the diode.

-Rav

OC-Image.jpg

This as far as it can go. Sense i don't have one of the chips with the best stepping O and turning the fan around help 2C thats freakin Awsome!

OC-Master said:
Well this does belong in cooling but you most definately must have the fan blowing down upon the heatsink. Sucking the air from the heatsink does little or nothing for cooling.

OC-Master

Well don't I feel like an idiot , I have a SK-7 on a 1.4tbird at stock right now blowing up , it still doesn't get over 38c . I can't wait to see what it does when I get home and set it up right.

Yeah.... I couldn't believe that. That would make a diffrence But hey IT did. :) now. im happy but i don't like running at full OC because I would like my comp to last more than a Year :p O well I don't know anyone else getting dis kinda temps at even a higher speed (NO WATER) :p Im never going to put a water cooling sys because all you need is one leak AND POOF your stuff is fried.

-Stibz

unless you have an on-die heat diode...you have no idea what your temps are....i highly doubt you are at 29c.....sorry

OC-Master said:

In general a FIN design heatsink benefits greatly from a fan blowing on it. A PIN design heatsink may yield better results with a little shroud (is that the word i'm looking for?) and a fan sucking air away. Like the alpha setup.

this sucks because I got suckered with the heatpipe/coolermaster but I still run 46 degrees on die temp at 178fsb, god I can't wait for the next hsf and my pc3500 to come around , then the kt400 will rock... I decided I'm going to cut the last L3 bridge and get the higher mults, from what I hear I got good stepping and if I make the 8x lo then I can get all the higher mults, fingers crossed... good oc skittles!!! :D

Thx pctuner@amd I don't really know why I called it Skittles maybe at one point all the fans in it were dif colors. :p But now. it's LOUD with all tornados in it :D O well thx again hope your sys flys....

:) I told you to up the dram voltage to 2.8 and you will reach a better fsb and not fry anything!! :cool:

Yeah. But when im not doing anything I put it back to default because I just got the comp and i don't want it to die now. :p

I get nowhere near that with my SLK-800 and XP2100+ but I also don't have a Tornado.

Lots of people keep questioning how the system can be lower then the CPU and while I don't know how or if it's accurate, I know at least how they are getting their readings. My Abit KD7-RAID has 3 temp readings in the BIOS. System, CPU Surface, CPU Core. While my CPU core is always up there, the reading for the system generally shows higher or about the same as the CPU Surface reading. Both of which are also anywhere from 10 to 15 degrees less then the CPU Core. Right now with Prime95 torture test running for 12hrs my system temp is showing 50 C while my Surface temp is showing 48 C. My Core temp is showing 61 C though.

I've also always wondered about the sucking or blowing thing. I have a duct from the side of my case right to the top of my CPU fan. I haven't been able to test it really well right now since I don't have the computer completely together but I have been debating which would be better. To have the fan sucking in air from the outside through the duct and onto the CPU or to be exhausting air from the CPU to the outside through the duct.

61C is pretty bad, hell I wouldn't be comfortable with 48C either... And with an SLK-800??? What are you on 2.2v or something? I'd check your setup, an SLK-800 should be cooling alot better than that. What kind of fan you got?

And if it's ducted suck cooler air from the outside and blow on the heatsink for sure.

--Illah

Back