• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to tweak your 3dmark2001 score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelkahl

how can i optimize my system for 3dmark2k1....how can i get the most performance from my sys...overclocking is not an option witht the t-bred revision A core...any suggestions? i'd like to try lowering the multiplier and kicking the fsb to 166 staying at 1.8 GHz but i don't know how to unlock the multiplier. I'm using XP pro in case anyone ask...also I have high ram CL because at 166 it won't run such aggressive settings

i don't know why overclocking is not an option with your t-bred core but since you have a 8500 get rage3dtweak and overclock your card as far as you can go if you havent already and put the tweaker on 3dmark2k1 settings

your first step might be to get some RAM that can handle high speeds at a fast CL setting. 3DMark really, really likes fast RAM :D

I agree with q149- your CPU may not be the best overclocker ever, but there's always a few more mhz to be squeezed out of it!

its simple just take a screen shot of your score and photochop it to say whatever you want :)

well i ran 640x480 and got a score of 10868!!! whatever anyway...i lowered my mem from 166 a 1:1 ratio so its running the cpu fsb and thats at 140 now...so i'm at 1900MHZ with the mem doing 140 MHZ with aggressive mem timings...plus the video card is overclocked to 290 core and 300 mem or 600 MHZ DDR and my 3dmark2k1 doesn't go above 9680 still...so i'm gonna work on it tomorrow maybe..any more suggestions would be appreciated

Back