• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-DX Problems,has anyone else had any of these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathscythe9919

Registered
Ok,im having some problems with my board.I'm trying to find out if its the board or not.

1.My logitech(internet navigator)keyboard driver(i-Touch),when installed wont let windows shutdown,unless I exit i-Touch first.

2.Sometimes my keyboard just stops working,especially when trying to flash BIOS from DOS.

3.Under device manager,I have ! by one of my motherboard resources.I can uninstall it,and reboot which fixes it only temporarily.Untill a few boots later then it comes back.It also comes back when I add a USB device.

Here is what the error says:"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42)"

If anyone knows of any solutions please let me know.
Thanks

Well it's clearly related to the keyboard - and most likely a software/driver issue is my guess. I know Logitech usb mice have some issues under windows 2000, with very specific software fixes. Have you searched their site thoroughly for issues with your keyboard?

Ya I looked nothing there.I guess maybe I'll try my Playstation 2 keyboard see what it does,but when I plugged my logitech in with the ps2 adapter it did the same thing.

Nope same thing any USB keyboard seems like.Ive tried everything,everytime I plug in a USB keyboard it loads up 3 motherboard resources(one of which has the ! beside it).Along with 3 or more HID compliant devices.I'm beginning to wonder if the ports arent just messed up....

:Edit:I just restarted and it didnt recignize the logitech again.Thank god xp has onscreen keyboard lol.I even tried disconnecting all USB devices except keyboard,didnt work either. :cry:

Last edited:
Well since nobody knows I guess I'll RMA it,cause I dont want to take a chance of these USB ports deciding to die somewhere down the road.

I have the same problems.
It is related to the USB on the A7N8X.
I have seen the same problems on another forum.
My Logitech itouch did the same thing with shutdown.
I just don't use the software.
I went to using the p/s 2 converters for my mouse and keyboard and don't have problems. I don't know if a bios will fix the problem or not.
You also get away from the ! in the device manager with the converters.
USB has never been working 100% and I don't think it ever will. On any board.
The advances in technology are great but I would think after several years people would get USB right.
I think Microsoft was on something when they didn't support USB 2.0 at first. Why supprt something that doesn't work.

Chris

Ok,I switched to the converter's for my logitech mouse and keyboard.Also I disabled my USB and the ! went away.So if I were to get a USB PCI 2.0 Card to run my other acc. would that cause any error's?

:Edit:Nevermind I re-enabled them and just put my controller and printer on them.Works fine,it seems its the combination of my Logitech optical mouse and Logitech keyboard.

Last edited:
From what I have read it seems it is just the keyboard (any USB keyboard) that does it. Not sure though.
I have read that if you put in a USB card from another company it works fine and all items attached to it work. Not sure about the itouch shutdown problem.

Chris

Well Logitech sent me a "Clean install instruction" which worked window's would shutdown,but the multimedia keys didnt work.So I installed just the driver for those(from the i-touch directory),it went right back to not shutting down.

Back