• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung memory opinions wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

i have decided to upgrade to 512 after much further thought. i want to buy memory that wud be good or better than the kingmax im using right now. the highest i got from my current memory module is 168mhz (which i think is average for most of the guys here, but a biggie on my part). i have 2 choices, either to go samsung or kingmax. im leaning more on samsung, i want to try and see what the hype is all about. if i ever get a samsung 512mb, what part numbers do i have to look for? single sided or double? what are the pcb writings etc?

thanks for the help guys :D

augustwest is correct. you have to try and find out what pcb you are getting. the ctl seems to be the best so far. i have a 256 meg strip of ctl sammy pc2700 that is handling 400mhz. the memory tymings are not set to the fullest but the bandwith is great 3015mb/s! darn good for pc2700 if you ask me.

good luck!

i have the most aggressive timings and you can see the 406mhz in my sigi. thats with the ctl! they a bit sparse though to my knowledge so when you order make sure you call and verify that they are the ctl chips. good luck!

no problem, anytime. let us know what you decide to do. im on the lookout for some new ram myself. thinkin bout some corsair xms. anyway let us know how things turn out.

corsair xms are pretty pricey over here. that way out of my budget. well im gonna keep u guys posted. thanks again

Just a tip. You can buy samsung original memory labeled as Kingston. When they run low they buy from Samsung. You just have to specify that you want samsungs.

Back