• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting new cely help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

ok guys im going to get a new cely for my old computer are these any good?
CELERON (S370)
Celeron-1.4AGhz 256k (box) 105.00
Celeron-1.3AGhz 256k (box) 95.00
Celeron-1.2AGhz 256k (box) 85.00
Celeron-1.1AGhz 256k (box) 75.00
Celeron-1.0AGhz 256k (box) 65.00
which one would also over clock really good?
(price is on right hand)

I'd get the 1.1 or maybe the 1.2- with the locked multi, you'll max out the higher speed chips at too low of an FSB speed. I always shoot for the fastest CPU on the fastest FSB possible.

Definitely go for the highest fsb you can. These chips seem to max out at around 1600 (give or take 100 or so).

I have both a 1.2 (orginal stepping) and 1.1a. The 1.1 offers better system performance.

The 1.2 maxed out at 123 fsb (1476). The 1.1a runs perfectly stable at 145 fsb (1595). The cpu difference (119 mhz) does really affect perform. However, the higher fsb (22 higher) really makes a difference in memory bandwidth (about 10% - 11% higher on benchmarks).

So go with the lower multiplier. Last I looked, newegg had 1.1a for $45 (w/ free shipping).

Good luck

can i just get a slotket and stick in the cely t ?? and do i have to mod my slotket?

That's a big maybe. Try reading up in the Intel forums- there's enough there to make your head spin.

From what I can tell, it should run fine in your Slotket if you set the voltage on it manually. But it doesn't seem to actually work for all people, and I'm not sure why.

I got so fed up trying to figure out which pin to wrap and which voltage line to cut, etc etc., that I cracked and just went out and bought a FCPGA2 motherboard. Much, much easier than the modding route- but of course more expensive :D

The 1.1 gives terrific results in almost every thread that I have read on these forums in the past year. My personal experience has been great. 133fsb with no added voltage. Temps stay around 40C, not great but not too bad either for a 1/3 oc.

Ah, go for a Tually. My Tually is the best cpu I've seen. It overclocks great, runs like a dream, spanks my P4 in folding. I did a test last night and the Tually beat the P4 1.6 by an hour or an hour and a half. They were working on the same string 400 frames and the Tually just smoked the P4. So what I'm saying is go for that 1.2 Tually and get a ASUS TUSL2 like I got and you'll be set. Good overclocks, nice stability, what more could you ask for?
Doc

1-Man-Army said:
any other things i need to no before i get a tually?
Get one with an sSpec that starts with SL6__ (not SL5__) for your best chance at overclocking.

- JW

I also got one of each.

The 1.1a got stable over 133 first day.
Had the 1.2 for 3 weeks now, and 130 is max stable fsb so far.

Get the 1.1a for the easy overclock. 1.2-1.4 if you are want
a challenge...

errr... tB1 is newer then tA1.

And you're just as likely to get a boxed tA1 as a tB1.

Here's how to tell the sSpec from the box

The best bet for overclocking in a 1.1A will be an SL6JR

I just picked up an SL6C8 1.2 at Canada Computers last week - they have the 1.1A for $70:

343 College St. (Toronto) 1 Block West of Spadina Ave.
Tel: (416) 926-0107
Fax: (416) 926-9855
Monday-Friday: 10:30am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm

- JW

Last edited:
I also just bought a 1.1A Celeron at Newegg and am having good luck running it at 1.47 (133 FSB) on an Asus CUSL2 mb. It is a tA1 stepping though, sSpec SL5ZE, week 28.

Newegg has them for better prices that you listed above, I got my boxed retail, including free UPS ground shipping, for $40 total.

Back