• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ????? A7A266 Asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevern

Registered
Any one hear or know anyhing about
this "new" A7A266 board from Asus?
My vendor tells me ( after a month of waiting)
that the A7M266 I ordered is being "recalled"
by Asus. So they want me to take A7A266
as substitute!!! Is this the same chipset that is
on the IWILL266 board?

I just went to pick-up an A7M266 from my supplier, and was given an A7A266. I don't know anyhting about this board, and there is no mention of it on the Asus website, so I told them they could keep it. Does anyone know anything about this A7A266, and if it is a better or worse option than the A7M266?

Woody (Mar 14, 2001 01:17 a.m.):
I just went to pick-up an A7M266 from my supplier, and was given an A7A266. I don't know anyhting about this board, and there is no mention of it on the Asus website, so I told them they could keep it. Does anyone know anything about this A7A266, and if it is a better or worse option than the A7M266?

Anyone know where to get any reviews or
info on this a7a266 board? (AliMagic Chipset)
I have been waiting for
backorder on a A7m266 for a freakin month.
They sent all of the other parts for my system
including the 1.2 266 t-bird, 256 pc2100 ddr,
only to tell me Asus is " ReCalling the A7m266
boards! My vendor says he has had 2or3
people get the board from him and when they
plugged the 1.2 266 in and turned on power
it " Fried the processor "?
So they want me to substitute A7A266 or
wait another month for the A7m 266 when
Asus figures out the Problem.
Any thoughts?

Yeah I got a thought.... though no one here wants to hear it I am sure. KT133A is where it's at right now..... DDR is still young, and is looking to be that way for a while. I won't be making the jump to DDR until a few months after some KT266 boards make it to market and some updated BIOS'es prove that it's a worthy platform. For now, give me KT133A and PC133!!

SickBoy

Back