• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6a owners, whats your o/c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPFitz14

Just wondering what you guys with 1.6a's had yours overclocked to, and what mobo your using. Mine is at 2512 mhz stable on air(around 1.7/1.75volts), with a p4s533. I'm pretty sure it can go further, because it is almost stable as a rock at 157 fsb. Then, when I crank it up to 148, I get a lot of errors, which I think is the mobos fault. I think that the p4s533 craps out around 158, and corrupts the hdd.

-CPFitz-

yeah....I was thinking that....but then I don't actually get to hear from those people. Plus.... they may have gotten a few more mhz out of it by now.

Thanks for the suggestion though.:D

-CPFitz-

Can only go as high as 130fsb stable. ( memory @ 4x )

What I consider stable is Prime95 torture test for at least 24hrs with no errors.

TH7IIR, 2x256 Samsung RDRAM, stock Intel hsf, default voltage.

No matter what I try, memory @3x, more voltage, I just can't go higher.

2.56 ghz @ 1.7 volts and 2.7 ghz @ 1.85 (not sure how stable tho as I just ran 3dmark and turned it off and turn the voltage back down to 1.7).

My roomate has his [email protected] at 123Mhz... its a soyo p4i fire dragon and won't post over 123mhz, so thats as high as he can push the chip until he gets a new board... probably an asus like mine - sig.

[email protected] 140FSB, 1.58V (load), P4S333. Can do 2.32@145FSB at 1.65V(Load). Boots into windows at 2.4G @ 1.72V (load) but won't complete 3Dmark. I was hoping for more... i guess it's just reaching it's limit :(

32C idle with stock HS? What are your ambient temps? My computers are in a sunroom so my temps will always be a couple degrees higher, and a couple degrees lower at night (around 30 in the winter)

My ambient's around 25~30C. The 32C idle is measured at night when it's cooler - i've see 37C full load (and it's summer in Australia). During the day it's about 42C full load (don't know about idle cos i'm folding all the time).
Details of my setup is here :
http://home.iprimus.com.au/husky_ky/

Last edited:
Dang.....

May have to look into those th7II's. I'm sure my chip will go faster, but I don't know about 3 ghz.

My temps are crappy too, 40c idle, 50c load. Thats with a Dragon Orb 478.

-CPFitz-

You might want to get a better cooler if you want lower temps. A lot of guys here say the Dragon Orb is junk, I'm using the Volcano 7+ and my temps are 45 load 1.6A @ 2.25

1.6A @ 2696MHz running constantly (F@H) 42C cooled with maze2 no reefer or pelt. I've had it up to 2.83 but it wasn't stable.

This is the CPU I got from my brother in a trade for a 2.0 that wouldn't O/C past 2.4. Think I got taken?

steve

I got a 1.6a @ 2.4 right now stable at 1.55 volts. It use to be at 2.6 at 1.6 volts but prime started errors recently with it so im not sure. I might be taxing my PSU to a high limit so im not sure about that. PSU is an Antec 320 Watt running a an unbelievable amount of stuff.

Back