• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeforceFX. End the disscussion here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Your OPINION...

• ATI will kick Nvidia's arse this year...

Votes: 52 18.3%
  • Nvidia will Kick ATI's Arse this year...

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • I'm gong to wait till the release of both Nvidia's card, and ATI's new card before I decide...

Votes: 54 19.0%
  • ATI all the way! I'm a fanATIc, I don't care what nvidia releases...

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • I'm an Nvidiot! I don't care what ATI releases...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I don't care one way or another, I'm buying the best I can afford...

Votes: 115 40.5%
  • CrystalMethod is an idiot, and is infringing on my right to free speech...

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Like the title says end the disscussion in this thread, becase some of us are getting sick of the pre-benches, the thread crapping, and in general the whole over all the Nvidia vs. ATI thing. You have benchmarks you want to share, fine, updates, fine. DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A DEBATE. Post your opinion ONCE. You do not have to re-enforce your opinion once you have posted (even if you post an updated benchmark, or the like).

In any case, I'm glad someone decided to vote and post non-anonomously (sp<---?). Although I am relived that someone has the conviction to express their opinion freely.

well unless someone hands me a fx or a 9700 then i think it neat to read bout but it doesnt really matter much

Although I own a GeForce Ti4600 I really want a new video card. I would get Radeon 9700 but with GeForce FX just around the corner I want to see what it can provide for me :)

Im the one (so far) that voted for ATi to kick Nvidia's rearend, I was just waiting for someone to post in here so I could challange all of the pro nvidia propaganda but oh well... Il make my post now.

I think ATi will win big this year, sure the GFFX will be mildly better then the 9700 but due to it's 128bit mem bus it will be handicapped. I don't expect it to be much better then the 9700 especially in bandwidth intensive situations (as we have seen in the maximum pc benchmarks the 9700 beats the FX in the nature test of 3d mark).

ATi's r350 (radeon 9900) should be out in march or april, making the FX's reign short. Add to that the r400 is rumoured to be on target for a june/july release and you can see that nvidia has its work cut out this year if it wants to compete for "best in show".

As far as GFFX news all I can say is that it will be released in Feb as most of us have been expecting according to what Nvidia said at CES a couple of days ago. I would expect that the reviews will be up in 2 weeks or so.

I hope no uneducated nvida fanboys post a bunch a propaganda or im going to be kicking myself for posting so early in the thread (i'm not saying all nvidia fanboys are uneducated, I'm just saying that I hope no one says something stupid that I can correct 'cause crystalmethod only wants one post per person...).

Well .... I like BOTH companies and use BOTH (but mostly Iam a NVIDIA person ) . Been a big fan of NVIDIA for quite some time ; but only just purchased a 9700 Pro this last week (thanks to the post by "donny_paycheck" in the Cyber deals forum ;) ) which has replaced my (very trusty) Ti4600 , if only just to give ATI a whirl . Gotta say , ATI did "quite well" this time around . So far Iam very happy with the results of the 9700 Pro . ** This all puts a whole new spin on video card choices for me in the future :cool: . I LUV the new technology that comes from the heavy competion between the two companies ; but I gotta say , trying to keep up with the 6-8 month cycles of the newer stuff is KILLING my wallet :p !!! **aaahhh but the FUN upgrading ** My .02 ;) :D

Last edited:
I'm same as Stero, I like BOTH companies and use cards of BOTH brands in my systems.
They both have several drawbacks and advantages over each other...that IMHO usually cancel each other out fairly well.
I hope both companies continue to do well to help keep prices down due to the competition. Looking forward to seeing the new cards :)

Hmm....seeing as I have a Ti4400 and will be getting a 9700 monday, I chose #6. I have had my heart set on the FX but the 128bit mem interface is such a super let down I am beside myself. Maybe nvidia will surprise the world and actually have 256, but thats would be kinda pointless wouldnt it?

So what do I do now....wait for nvidia to release a 256bit card....or get an R400? But I dont want to wait until July!!!(doubt it will be out that soon). Crap.......why cant a comapny make a card thats like $100 and owns the crap outta everything else....?

My theory.......the cards nvidia released really early (like the one benched in Maxpc's article) are the bargain FX's, (like a 9500 vs. 9700pro) and the world will be taken by surprise when reviewers are shocked to discover the upper end FX does infact have a 256bit interface. Man, that would own.

-JP

One word "eBay". That's what I am going to do, I think I will sell my Ti4600 right now (around 180-200$ on eBay) and get my self Radeon 9700 PRO. Then when FX comes out I'll sell my Radeon 9700 PRO and get my self in FX.

Looks like I'm the only one so far that admits to being an Nvidiot

Don't get me wrong I've tried an 8500 and a 9700, I'm just more partial to Nvidia and how they do business, I do not like how ATI confuses the consumer with thier naming games, and how they allow the OEM and ODM's to further confuse the consumer. :rolleyes:

Personaly Ive had gforce ati & voodoo

ATI ROCKS voodoo is 2nd & gforce can kiss my ______
Im slightly miffed @ gforce after I bought a 4400ti that failed to work on my old motherboard My next card will be the 9500 pro 128 I should be set for 2 or 3 years with that card

my voodoo 5 5500 spits out 55 to 60 fps @ 960x720 with 100mhz refresh in Il2 sturmovik & it looks very good

Last edited:
idgamerd said:
One word "eBay". That's what I am going to do, I think I will sell my Ti4600 right now (around 180-200$ on eBay) and get my self Radeon 9700 PRO. Then when FX comes out I'll sell my Radeon 9700 PRO and get my self in FX.

all that work for 5 fps ???

Last edited:
I think ATi has the upper hand this year unless nVIdia can really get their priorites straight

*edit* P.S. Idgamerd....ur only supposed to post once :)

Last edited:
Evnas said:
I think ATi has the upper hand this year unless nVIdia can really get their priorites straight

*edit* P.S. Idgamerd....ur only supposed to post once :)

I'm supposed to post once? Post once what? I didnt double post..

Last edited:
Back