• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse and keyboard stop responding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

Every so often when I'm using the comp, my mouse and my keyboard all of a sudden stops responsing. The first time this happened was last night at about 2AM and it has been occuring off and on all of today. My keyboard (Logitech Internet Navigator) and my mouse (Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 5-Button) are both connected using the USB connection. All my other system specs are in my sig. What is going on here?

I've had a similar problem with my mouse when installing xp pro and all the software on my new system. What finally ended up working was unplugging everything except the monitor cable ( that means the printer, the modem line, the palm pilot cradle, the ethernet lan cable, the keyboard, mouse, etc.) and replugging it all in one at a time, rebooting after each item and pluggin in the mouse last. Mines on usb too.

I have no clue as to why this worked. Personally I think it's voodoo and computers are possessed by demons from Hades. :)

Back