• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting as MUCH as not even overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bilbo

Hey everybody,

My Asus A7V 266-D, on POST, recognizes both of my processors correctly as 1900+MP. When I get into the bios, though, it says that they are running at 1600; FSB of 133. My bios version, 1004, is supposed to support them, but the only thing I can do is increase the FSB frequency to about 146 to get a whopping 1750 or so.
Anyone else have this problem, or recognize what's going on?
Help from Asus is a joke.

Thanks alot!!:(

the 1600 that it shows in the bios is 1600mhz. This is the speed that your xp1900 chips are supposed to run at. When you increase the fsb, you are increasing the mhz of your chip.\

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D

xp1900+ runs at an actual speed of 1600 mhz.. its a sales pitched devised by amd to compete against intel cpus..

a XP1900+ is suppose to equal an intel 1.9 ghz chip..

so at 1600 mhz your cpu is running at its correct speed

Thanks alot, guys, both for the welcome and the willing responses. I still don't understand how the 1900 is fine at 1600, but I'm glad to know it's fine.
My best stab at understanding it is that the alternating current running TO them is at 1600MHz, where 1900 is what they subdivide the 1600 into in order to do more work. If so, then what? Does it output, again, at 1600? :eek:
And if the 1600 is the FSB frequency, then what does it mean for your computer parts, such as RAM, to be "PC-2100"? I thought, even building the thing, that 2100 was the bus frequency!?
Thanks again!!:)

My best stab at understanding it is that the alternating current running TO them is at 1600MHz, where 1900 is what they subdivide the 1600 into in order to do more work. If so, then what? Does it output, again, at 1600?
And if the 1600 is the FSB frequency, then what does it mean for your computer parts, such as RAM, to be "PC-2100"? I thought, even building the thing, that 2100 was the bus frequency!?

Holy Monkey! You built one?

Back