• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

don't know what is going on here...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustymaitland

i posted this issue in another section cause i thought i had a video problem. long and short is i lapped my hs last night. put everything back together, booted and when cpu posted i thought all was cool. i shut it down to put the cover back on and booted again. this time all i am able to see is the video card info. can't get into the cmos, nothing. reset button. the cpu posts and memory is checked and halts. won't go any further. ended up clearing the cmos and reset my settings including cpu speed and i when i change to 133mhz nothing happens. at 100mhz the cpu is detected at 1.2ghz or something like that. this cpu is a 2000+. any suggestions? is my chip fried?
ecs k7s5a - mobo
win2k - os
512 ddr
edit: i have determined that my mobo will not allow me to change the cpu to 133 mhz. i can get into the cmos at this time but only cause the chip boots at 1.2.

Last edited:
Back