• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with an IB AS/400 Advanced 36???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
What to do with an IBM AS/400 Advanced 36???

Got my hands on a retired IBM AS/400 Advanced 36, but don't know what to do with it, nor how to go about doing it.

Any suggestions???

Should I look at it as an empty case, or are the parts a useable system?

Posted in SETI because I'd consider making it a cruncher if that is feasible.

Last edited:
Yes that's what risc is. I don't think that would be very practical, but I'm non expert with them.

here is a photo

Not my unit, but one just like it on ebay. I'll try to borrow a digicam and post some good photo's.

I believe my machine is running SSP as an operating system, has a large cartridge tape drive, one blank panel (for CDROM?).

Here's hoping it's not a boat anchor:D

Last edited:
yeah... I thought I posted in here regarding mine... it was the same... system 36... had the invoice with the documentation.... it and the IBM printer cost more than $250,000 (in the 80s) when new (with options)... I paid about $125 for the dump to take it...

Wish I had saved the processor.... that would have been a trophy... I thought about that loo late...

Of course, if you have a boat... what a great overclocker's anchor :rolleyes:

Crunch on!!!

Back