• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st try unlocking SUCCESS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IR1

Well I just finished unlocking my Athlon XP 1600+ Agoia Z. On the 1st try, I was pretty surprised but I had my multimeter to make sure I did it right.

I bought a defogger kit and used tape to mask of the points and super glue to fill in the pits. Then I put tape around the entire L1 area and just painted the defogger on it. then I scratched the off dried deffoger inbetween each point.

So now I got it running at 9.5x180. And everything is cool.

However I just want to know on average what pci speed will corrupt a HD? I have a Maxtor and from what I have read they are pretty good at sustaining themselves at high PCI clocks.

Anyone have any advice or experience with Maxtors and there overclockability?

IR1 said:

However I just want to know on average what pci speed will corrupt a HD? I have a Maxtor and from what I have read they are pretty good at sustaining themselves at high PCI clocks.

Anyone have any advice or experience with Maxtors and there overclockability?

Well, from what ive read, 40 mhz will crash a hdd in most cases. 37 seems to be the preferred, although, some are getting them to about 39.5 mhz with 200 fsb. To get your pci clock just use your divisor (you must have a 1/5) and divide your FSB by 5. 180 = 36 pci clock.

Your unlocking proces sounds a little complicated and bit too much effort-but hey not every1 is as sloppy as me.I used a blade form a pencil sharpener and a pencil!LOL im unsure bout the HDD PCI but im running a maxtor and im gona go F**K with it now so ill let ya know wat i get mine to etc...
DoM

Back