• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twinkle

I got an 1800+ agoia 9 from a friend today for $20. i think he was running it too hot and it was freezing and such. I brough it home, and at stock, it was acting up for me, but the temp was like 54C. So i underclocked it to 120 fsb. now it is rock stable at 51C I know i should get it cooler, but i really dotn wanna spend money on this chip unless you guys think the heat was the problem. well, im now off to try and ghetto mod my hsf (volcano 6cu+) to try and make it take an 80mm fan.

thanks for teh imput

54C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There gotta be a problem

Did you check all the contact make sure your thermal compound is thin, i mean damn thin.

If all that doesn't work, you can check it back to stock hsf if you still have it laying around. Make sure your board not overvoltage too.

If still doesn't improve, i gotta say that: check the cpu it may be an pre-oced one which i doubt it is.

Man i really, want to help you out but i cant see how thing going. Keep us update! Anyways great deal tho
Cheers

Yeah temp should not anywhere near that high!My XP1700+ Runs as a XP2000+ with a 150FSB and it runs full load at 44-47 depending on ambient and thats with a V9. Check your voltages are normal and that the CPU is what you think it is. what heatsink u using?
DoM

uch!!!!
From the first post he metion that it is pally core. How come default is 1.5v???

THe default voltage is 1.75v for pally,
TBredA has default voltage 1.5v

I think your just confused since mostly 1800+ these days are TBredAs.

MameXP,

well, part of it comes from that it is merely a volcano 6cu. secondly it is in an asus a7v333 witch is know to send some "extra" voltage to the proc, i ahve it running at the lowest voltage setting i can get mbm says it is 1.73v... right now it is running about 50c cause i took off the 60mm fan, and the top thingy and put an 80 on it, but it isnt a very good 80...im open to any and all suggestions on what else i can do to drop temps/ voltages...but i dont ahve much cash right now...I just bought a digi cam in the classifyeds...

Back