• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about installing new drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNamelessOne

Ok so I'm trying out the 42.01 drivers for my ti4400 and it said it detected existing drivers and that I had to uninstall them. So, I exit installation and proceed to uninstall my existing drivers and then reboot. Try the installation again and it still says it found existing drivers. What's the deal? I'm gonna try installing them anyway, just wanted to know is this going to be a problem?

So you uninstalled the drivers using the add/remove programs menu? After that, search for files called nv*.* and see what's left. Chances are there are a lot left behind.

No I removed the drivers by going to uninstall driver in control panel-display-settings-advanced-adapter-properties-driver tab-and finally, uninstall. Is this the wrong way to do it? Thanks for the program Jedi

Back