• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd HD benchmarks w/abit SR7-8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxwedge

I just built a new pc for my kid, based on the Abit SR7-8X, using one Maxtor 30 gig Diamondmax plus 8. Look at these HD scores in Sandra and Atto. Both benchmarks are set up at default. I can't belive this single drive can out score my D740x's in raid 0 on my TH711!
Either this is a problem with the HD or the chip set? What do you think.:confused: The PC is working fine though.

Sandra

Atto:

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Abit board or chipset, but from the looks of the Sandra benchmark the drive must be connected to an ATA133 controller. As for the ATTO bench, I've never seen one that looked like that at all; does it come up like that every single time? How about after a defrag?

I've got exactly the same drive you do connected to the ATA133 controller on my Iwill P4HT and the thing absolutely smokes just about any single drive benchmark I've ever run. You are absolutely right that it will kick booty on most ATA100 RAID arrays. Mine will turn in just under 45000 after a fresh defrag in Sandra; the ATTO benchmarks look a lot more "normal" than yours with writes in the mid-50's and reads lagging that by 6-8000. These are really nice drives and very quiet to boot. I'm impressed enough to think about getting another one to see what they'll do RAIDed on an ATA133 controller.

Yea the board does have ata133 controllers and I get the same results over and over in both benchmarks. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Atto. I don't know, the thing runs ok but I just don't get these scores. I have another D740x sitting around, I guess I could connect it in as a slave and see how it performs with the board.

Last edited:
Sounds like if you get normal scores in Atto with this drive then maybe the SIS chipset is causing this. I'm going to try my other drive now.....

Ok, here's the results of the Maxtor D740x 80gig drive.

Atto
and
Sandra

Well that proves it's not the drive because I've tested this D740x in my TH711 before with normal looking results.
Any other SR7-8X owners around here wanna do some Atto test's and let me Know if their the same?

Somethings gotta be up here. When I run PCMark 2002 it gives me a HD score of about 4000 but then I open the web brouser it says HD score NA. Can a chipset cause something lik this? Or maybe the chipset drivers? I'd hate to reinstall them after the whole system is set up.
Any ideas on this?

Back