• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how far can i oc xp2000+ v7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

choiboy

Registered
how far can i oc xp2000+ volcano7 (no not +) without unlock it , and i have 256 samsung ddr 333mhz 2700 ram, - i tried to get 1.9 ghz , and get pass 148 fsb. i was on 150 fsb for about 10 mins , my temp was ok - around 38c then its restart..

wow you must not have that great a stepping cuz i got a 1700+ and i got it up to 1.8ghz pretty unstable though but it will run 1.7ghz no problem (usually)

A lot of XP2000+'s stop at 1.8ghz on air. Mine is an Agoia btw. When my new motherboard comes in, I'll see how high my XP2000+ can go. Can't do jack now because my harddrive corrupts.

I'm considering giving my girlfriend my XP2000+ for her XP1600+ if it's an agoia :D

oh yeah - speaking of corrupts - its happens to me like 2 times on my old mobo - but since i got this epox 8k5a+ its never happen - i wonder how to advoid it - cause i formated 2 times. to get it back up ..

Mine corrupts b/c theres only a 1/4 divider on the Soyo KT333 boards. As soon as my new asus board comes, I'll be getting higher fsb's since there is a 1/5 divider. :D

jlin453 said:
Mine corrupts b/c theres only a 1/4 divider on the Soyo KT333 boards. . :D

Really?!! that Sux!! whats the point of having the KT333 Chipset then, apart from the ata133.

Did soyo release a bios to fix it and use the 1/5?

oh and if u look at my sig that is what it ran at best with no overheating worries for i play many many games. i cant change the sig to say water cooling and what not now though because i use hotmail...

Back